A royal win for Tilbrook cow
A TILBROOK cow has won the prestigious title of best of breed at the Royal Show in Warwickshire. The four-year-old Tilbrook Cashtiller was bred and exhibited by Gavin Hunter of Tilbrook Grange, Tilbrook. Mr Hunter said: The Devon breed is renowned for
A TILBROOK cow has won the prestigious title of best of breed at the Royal Show in Warwickshire.
The four-year-old Tilbrook Cashtiller was bred and exhibited by Gavin Hunter of Tilbrook Grange, Tilbrook.
Mr Hunter said: "The Devon breed is renowned for its eating quality and tenderness and I am delighted to have reared the champion of one of the best breeds at the biggest show of cattle in the UK. The recent removal of the export ban on UK beef has given the whole industry a great lift in morale, and I am delighted that the Tilbrook herd has the reputation and quality to produce meat for both local and world-wide markets."
Charlotte Allen, a student from Longsands College who was on work experience at Tilbrook Grange assisted in presenting the cow for judging.
You may also want to watch:
The Tilbrook herd of Devons consists of over 200 cattle and has been exhibited at shows since 1960.
INFORMATION: Tilbrook beef is now being sold directly to consumers - contact Gavin on 07715 035555 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home