Bus recovered following Somersham incident
THE recovery of a bus involved in an early morning collision has begun in Somersham.
Hunts Post reader Carol White sent in this picture showing the double decker bus, which left the road just past the Windmill public house on the B1086, St Ives Road.
Mrs White, 47, of Windsor Gardens, Somersham, was out with her husband Austen, 53, when they came across the stranded bus.
She said: “We live in Somersham and we were just driving round the corner and we said ‘oh, that’s not supposed to be there!’
“I had my camera with me because I like to take pictures of snowy scenes around the village.”
You may also want to watch:
The bus and two other vehicles were involved in the incident, which happened shortly before 8am.
Police officers were called at 7.52am, while a fire engine from Chatteris and the rescue vehicle from Huntingdon were despatched at 8.13am. There were no casualties and the road remained open.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home