Couple who met in Ramsey celebrate their diamond wedding anniversary
- Credit: Sophie Verrall
A couple who met in Ramsey have celebrated their diamond wedding anniversary.
Rex and June Munns, of Bury, celebrated their Diamond wedding anniversary on December 3.
Rex, 81, and June, 78, were born and raised in Ramsey and neighbouring Bury. They first met at a dance at the Old Cinema in Ramsey, latterly known as the Gaiety.
Love soon blossomed, and they got married at Huntingdon Registry Office and enjoyed a lunch at the Barley Mow in Hartford.
After leaving the Army, Rex trained as a bricklayer, a trade which he maintained throughout his working life culminating in successfully running his own construction business.
June worked in the office at Hildreds shop, in Ramsey, until they started their family of which daughter, Sophie, was followed by Tanya, then Daniel.
With the children grown up, June took to working as a carer in local care homes which she cherished as a rewarding time and where many friends were made.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 6 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 9 Buckfest named as Cambridgeshire's best festival
- 10 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
June and Rex settled in Upwood Road, Bury, the couple said their success of their long marriage is a result of patience, caring, accepting compromise and working together as a team. Although current restrictions mean that a family celebration has to be postponed to a later date, Sophie, Tanya and Daniel, together with their partners, grand-children and great-grandchildren, will be ensuring their love and best wishes get to them for an enjoyable and memorable anniversary.