Burst sewer main leaves St Neots roads closed over the weekend
- Credit: Archant
Roads in the centre of St Neots will remain closed over the weekend, following “complex repairs” still being carried out by Anglian Water.
South Street, Brook Street and Cemetery Walk were shut at 6pm yesterday evening after a sewer main burst.
The company said: “We are currently working to fix a collapsed sewer on Cemetery Walk, St Neots, which involves a complex repair. We have had to close Cemetery Walk, South Street and Brook Street. Diversions are in place and all businesses remain open as usual.
“We have several tankers on site to maintain services to local properties on South Street, Brook Street and Cemetery Walk. This will involve working around the clock to ensure everything is running at its best during the works and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
“We will be working throughout the weekend to get things back to normal as soon as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Work is hoped to be completed by Monday at 12pm.
For more information, visit anglianwater.co.uk and click ‘In Your Area’.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
Alternatively, visit the company’s Facebook and Twitter pages or call 03457 145 145.