Family heirlooms and charity cash stolen during burglary in Great Gransden
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of pounds raised at a charity event and precious family heirlooms were stolen during a burglary at a house in Great Gransden.
Police said offenders broke into the house in Mill Road between 1.50pm and 5pm, on Tuesday.
They stole a jewellery box and its contents and a safe containing £500 in cash raised from a charity event, £300 in rand and a selection of jewellery.
Officers said the jewellery stolen was very distinctive due to a personal hall mark of a shield with RCD in it.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or may have seen or heard anything.
DS Colin Norden said: “The victim and her family have been left very upset by what has happened as some of the items were family heirlooms.
“I would appeal to anyone who has any information about the incident, or who may have seen people acting suspiciously in the area, to contact police.
- 1 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 2 New bridal shop is childhood dream for Michelle
- 3 Lack of NHS dentists see people resorting to 'Victorian' teeth pulling
- 4 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 5 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 6 Community help plant new trees in St Neots park
- 7 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 8 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
“I would also appeal to anyone who has been offered to buy any of the items to contact us.”
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting 35/11453/18 or visit www.contactcambspolice.uk/Report/. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.