Burglars ransack home and burst water pipe during raid
- Credit: Archant
Burglars caused extensive damage after rupturing a water pipe during a raid in Holywell.
The incident took place on March 14 at a property in Back Lane, with the burglars believed to have forced their way into the property via a side door.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “[The burglars] appear to have entered via a side door and then searched through drawers and cupboards, stealing several items of electrical equipment.
“Before leaving, the thieves ruptured a water pipe causing a flood of water down the stairs and through the ground floor.”
The spokesman added that detectives had made local enquiries and were looking into reports of a suspicious car seen parked outside the house around midday.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder