Burglars carry away safe after raid on community centre in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A safe containing hundreds of pounds was stolen by thieves in a raid at a community centre in Huntingdon.
The incident took place at about 1am on Monday, October 17, at the Huntingdon Community Centre, in Ambury Road.
PCSO Lee Hurley said: “In this offence, an unknown offender has forced a window at the rear of the location before stealing a large safe from
within, which the offender has subsequently carried away on the handlebars of a mountain bike.
“Anyone who believes that they have seen or heard any-thing concerning this offence is asked to call police on 101, quoting crime reference
According to police, the safe contained about £1,000 in cash along with bank documentation and several key fobs.
- 1 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 7 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 8 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 9 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 10 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
Anyone with information about the incident can also e-mail police via firstname.lastname@example.org or call the independent charity
Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.