Burglars carry away safe after raid on community centre in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A safe containing hundreds of pounds was stolen by thieves in a raid at a community centre in Huntingdon.
The incident took place at about 1am on Monday, October 17, at the Huntingdon Community Centre, in Ambury Road.
PCSO Lee Hurley said: “In this offence, an unknown offender has forced a window at the rear of the location before stealing a large safe from
within, which the offender has subsequently carried away on the handlebars of a mountain bike.
“Anyone who believes that they have seen or heard any-thing concerning this offence is asked to call police on 101, quoting crime reference
You may also want to watch:
According to police, the safe contained about £1,000 in cash along with bank documentation and several key fobs.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
Anyone with information about the incident can also e-mail police via email@example.com or call the independent charity
Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.