Spate of burglaries recorded in Huntingdonshire villages
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of pounds worth of items were stolen in a spate of burglaries in the Colne and Earith areas on Saturday.
Cambridgeshire police received multiple reports of break-ins and thefts from the villages, with tools, farming equipment, and gardening items taken.
Somersham Road, Colne – Thieves entered an agricultural compound on Somersham Road, Colne, and stole tools, feed and electric fencing equipment from barns overnight between November 16-17.
School Road, Earith – Police are investigating the theft of a disc-cutter worth several hundred pounds from an address in School Road, which happened on November 17.
You may also want to watch:
Earith Road, Colne – Police are investigating several recent thefts at an address in Earith Road, reported on November 17: Three fuel tanks full of petrol were stolen from three lorries, a shed was broken into and animal feed was stolen, and hay and animal feed were stolen from a barn.
East Street, Colne – Thieves broke into a shed in the garden of a house on East Street, at some time during the night of November 16-17. A padlock on the shed door was broken off and a number of small items were stolen from inside.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
Needingworth Road, Bluntisham – A farm building in Needingworth Road, was broken into during the night of November 17, when thieves smashed down the door and then stole tools worth several hundred pounds.
Somersham Road, Colne – A metal shipping container was broken into and three others that were unlocked were entered by intruders, at a site on Somersham Road, at some time between November 7 and November 17. However, it is not thought that anything was stolen.
Anyone with information about the incidents should contact Cambridgeshire police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.