Spate of burglaries recorded in Huntingdonshire villages
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of pounds worth of items were stolen in a spate of burglaries in the Colne and Earith areas on Saturday.
Cambridgeshire police received multiple reports of break-ins and thefts from the villages, with tools, farming equipment, and gardening items taken.
Somersham Road, Colne – Thieves entered an agricultural compound on Somersham Road, Colne, and stole tools, feed and electric fencing equipment from barns overnight between November 16-17.
School Road, Earith – Police are investigating the theft of a disc-cutter worth several hundred pounds from an address in School Road, which happened on November 17.
Earith Road, Colne – Police are investigating several recent thefts at an address in Earith Road, reported on November 17: Three fuel tanks full of petrol were stolen from three lorries, a shed was broken into and animal feed was stolen, and hay and animal feed were stolen from a barn.
East Street, Colne – Thieves broke into a shed in the garden of a house on East Street, at some time during the night of November 16-17. A padlock on the shed door was broken off and a number of small items were stolen from inside.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 7 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
Needingworth Road, Bluntisham – A farm building in Needingworth Road, was broken into during the night of November 17, when thieves smashed down the door and then stole tools worth several hundred pounds.
Somersham Road, Colne – A metal shipping container was broken into and three others that were unlocked were entered by intruders, at a site on Somersham Road, at some time between November 7 and November 17. However, it is not thought that anything was stolen.
Anyone with information about the incidents should contact Cambridgeshire police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.