Bumper crop of entries for Great Gidding Village Show
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of the Great Gidding Village Show celebrated a record number of entries to this year’s event.
More than 40 entrants brought along more than 300 items for display and judging to Saturday’s show, including fruits, vegetables, flowers, crafts, and more.
A panel of judges cast their eyes over the exhibits before the winners and stand-out specimens were announced, with Neville Cook picking up the title of show winner, having accumulated the most points across all five show categories.
Julie Trolove won the flowers category, Michelle Woodley was victorious in both the craft and baking categories, Alex Warren scooped the children’s prize, while Mr Cook was victorious in the fruit and vegetable category.
Sue Jarvis, show secretary, said: “The show went extremely well, it was the best one we have ever put on. It was a very enjoyable day and there were a lot of families who attended which was lovely.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to thank our sponsors, the Fox and Hounds pub, of Great Gidding, and RJ Landrovers of Sawtry. A special mention must go to the barbecue, which was excellent, and also to the team of people who helped put on the show.”
Mrs Jarvis also extended her thanks to Great Gidding Parish Council, which supported the event with funding.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 7 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers