Buckfest raises over £10k for local charities
- Credit: Chris Bell
Buckfest marked raising £10,250 for local charities by holding an "inspirational" community thank you night.
The event took place on October 13, where members of the committee shared their fundraising success.
The three charity partners HCCN, 3 Pillars Feeding the Homeless and Leonard Cheshire Home Brampton received £3000, £2000 and £1500 respectively.
A Buckfest social media post read: “What an amazing evening - tears, laughter, inspirational stories and so much love.
“Our donations go a small way to help our charity partners and good causes help others.
“Thank you to everyone who makes Buckfest happen and to everyone who attends and helps us be able to make the donations.”
The music festival, which had to be cancelled in 2020 due to Covid restrictions, returned on Saturday August 21 this year.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 3 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 6 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 7 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 8 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 9 Recap: Lorry and car crash at A141-A1307 junction in Huntingdon
- 10 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
It was a sell-out success as hundreds of revellers partied into the night.