Buckden growers show off their gardening delights at village show
- Credit: Archant
Gardeners of Buckden showed off their floral arrangements and vegetable wonders to the envy of other at the village’s annual show.
The Buckden Autumn Annual Show took place on Saturday at the village’s memorial hall with a variety of displays including handicrafts, roses, pot plants and fruit.
Show secretary Lesley MacAndrew said: “We had a record number of entries in the Floral Arrangement classes and all the floral arrangements were admired and envied.”
Due to a tough year of growing the number of entries at the show was down on previous years but the weather hadn’t stopped many from showing off their prized vegetables.
“Respect is due to the few staunch gardeners and allotmenteers who still managed to produce some impressive vegetable exhibits – marrows, potatoes and carrots particularly stand out in my mind,” added Mrs MacAndrew.
You may also want to watch:
The parish council prize for the Best Kept Allotment was awarded at the show to Matthew Richardson along with the usual trophies including the Challenge Cup which was given to Albert Jackson after receiving the most points in the vegetable classes.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service