It’s Bubble the fun at Huntingdon’s Riverside Park as annual fundraising race comes to town
- Credit: Archant
More than 900 runners were sprayed with multi-coloured foam to raise money for the Arthur Rank Hospice charity at a Bubble Rush event in Huntingdon.
The 5k run at the Riverside Park was the third Bubble Rush held by hospice fundraisers and was sponsored by One Leisure.
Participants had to run through different coloured foam stations in three waves of runs around the park.
Donna Talbot, from Arthur Rank, said: “We were thrilled to welcome more than 900 people for foamy fun at Riverside Park. Families, work colleagues and friends turned out, many wearing tutus and sunglasses, to help raise funds for Arthur Rank Hospice charity.
“It is wonderful to know that the funds raised through this run will directly benefit the patients cared for by Arthur Rank Hospice charity and help in making every moment count for whatever remaining time they and their families have together.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We would like to thank everyone involved for helping us make the day such a success.”
The amount raised is still being calculated.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?