Brook Williams to play fundraising gig in St Ives
A TOP acoustic guitarist will be performing in St Ives next month to raise funds for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
Brooks Williams, who is ranked as one of the top 100 acoustic guitarists, will be performing at the Dolphin Hotel in London Road on September 20.
The event, organised by the St Ives & Huntingdon Friends of EACH, will showcase Williams’ easy-going vocal style and music that walks the line between blues and Americana,
Williams has worked worldwide for more than 25 years, amassing a huge back-catalogue of songs, recordings and tales – he has released nearly 20 CDs and there are more on the way.
EACH Cambridgeshire fundraiser Beccy Turner said: “We are very lucky to have Brooks performing on the night and I’m really looking forward to seeing him.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d also like to say a big thank you to the Dolphin Hotel for providing the venue free of charge. As a local charity, we rely on public donations, and need to raise £16,000 a day, every day of the year. Funds raised from the gig will really make a huge difference.”
INFORMATION: The show will be in the Meadow Suite at the Dolphin Hotel, St Ives. Doors open 7pm and the gig will start at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £10 from Time for Health in Station Road, St Ives, and Specsavers, in Foundry Walk, St Ives.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Tickets will also be available to purchase on the door.