Brook Williams to play fundraising gig in St Ives
A TOP acoustic guitarist will be performing in St Ives next month to raise funds for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
Brooks Williams, who is ranked as one of the top 100 acoustic guitarists, will be performing at the Dolphin Hotel in London Road on September 20.
The event, organised by the St Ives & Huntingdon Friends of EACH, will showcase Williams’ easy-going vocal style and music that walks the line between blues and Americana,
Williams has worked worldwide for more than 25 years, amassing a huge back-catalogue of songs, recordings and tales – he has released nearly 20 CDs and there are more on the way.
EACH Cambridgeshire fundraiser Beccy Turner said: “We are very lucky to have Brooks performing on the night and I’m really looking forward to seeing him.
“We’d also like to say a big thank you to the Dolphin Hotel for providing the venue free of charge. As a local charity, we rely on public donations, and need to raise £16,000 a day, every day of the year. Funds raised from the gig will really make a huge difference.”
INFORMATION: The show will be in the Meadow Suite at the Dolphin Hotel, St Ives. Doors open 7pm and the gig will start at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £10 from Time for Health in Station Road, St Ives, and Specsavers, in Foundry Walk, St Ives.
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 4 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 8 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 9 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 10 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
Tickets will also be available to purchase on the door.