British Olympian to lead One Leisure sports session
- Credit: Getty Images
Olympian Rebecca Romero will be visiting St Ives on April 16 and One Leisure are giving people the chance to ride alongside her.
The athlete will be headlining the launch of indoor cycling session, ‘Cyclone Masterclass’, which will be introduced to One Leisure centres from April 18.
The masterclass event is limited to 99 places and will be led by Rebecca, who will be testing out new IC7 indoor cycles provided by Matrix Fitness.
The bikes work by using a ‘Coach by Colour’ programme, enabling the rider to tailor the sessions to their ability. This means people of all capabilities can train in the same session.
Five colours, grey, blue, green, yellow and red range from ‘very light’ to ‘maximum’ workouts and sit in front of the rider.
You may also want to watch:
They also provide key fitness information, like heart rate, speed, distance and power-to-weight ratio.
Rebecca, 36, is only one of four people to win Olympic medals in two sports; she achieved silver for rowing in 2004, and took gold four years later for cycling.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
In 2006, she became British Cycling Champion and in 2008 she achieved gold medals for individual and team pursuits at the World Championships.
The event is free of charge from 1pm to 5:30pm and will also see exhibitors, like launch partner Tour of Cambridgeshire.
Rebecca’s session will run from 4:30pm to 5:30pm with places at £10 per person, but these must be booked in advance on 01480 388 500.
For more information, visit oneleisure.net