Inspirational Erin, 12, braves the shave to raise money for two charities during lockdown
- Credit: Archant
An inspirational 12-year-old from Brampton has braved the shave during lockdown to raise £555 for charities close to her heart.
Erin Mcelhone, who is in year 7 at Hinchingbrooke School, chopped her hair off for Dementia UK and Holly Ward at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Her blonde ponytail was also donated to The Little Princess Trust who provide real hair wigs to children and young people with hair loss.
Erin wanted to help Dementia UK after her grandmother was diagnosed with the illness.
Her mum, Steph, said her dad Tony and two sisters Shannon and Roisin were “so very proud” of her.
You may also want to watch:
“Erin wanted to do something to help during the Covid-19 and the only thing she could think of was to cut off her which is something she loved,” Steph said.
“We are so very proud of what she has done because it is a big selfless act for a young woman to do.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity