Brampton singing sensation says this isn’t the end for Mon Amie after X Factor exit
- Credit: Archant
Despite being knocked out of X Factor last weekend, Brampton singer Abi Dhese-Biggs insists that the public hasn’t heard the last of girl band Mon Amie.
The girls, who all study at the Italia Conti Academy of Musical Theatre in London, left the show on Sunday (October 18) after group mentor Cheryl Fernandez-Versini swapped them for gospel singers Melody Stone.
“We are gutted that it’s come to an end, I thought our performance went quite well as we got some good feedback from the judges but we did ourselves proud,” said 21-year-old Abi.
The former Abbey College, Ramsey pupil had her family in the crowd and beside the stage for the six chair challenge and said that their support throughout had been great.
She said: “They are just really proud of me and of the group – considering the amount of time we have been together to get that far in the competition is brilliant.”
You may also want to watch:
However, it isn’t the end for the band as they have already booked time in the recording studio to work on new music.
“We have a lot in the pipe line coming up, some really exciting stuff but we can’t reveal all now.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
Mon Amie will also be switching on Christmas lights around the country in the coming months.
As for the next X Factor winner Abi hasn’t backed a single act to take the top spot.
“We made good friends with everyone on the show and there are some incredibly talented acts on this year’s series,” added Abi.