Brampton singer Abi Dhese-Biggs rocks ITV’s X Factor with girl band Mon Amie
- Credit: Archant
Singing sensation Abi Dhese-Biggs is hitting the high notes on TV singing competition X Factor.
The Brampton performer has made it through to what she describes as “the most daunting experience” with five piece girl band, Mon Amie.
After wowing the judges at the audition and bootcamp stages, the girls found out in last Sunday’s show that they will sing for mentor Cheryl Fernandez-Versini to see if they can make it through to judges’ houses.
“The six chair challenge was the most nerve-wracking part of the whole process so far but it was amazing though as it was a complete challenge and it just happened all so quickly,” said Abi.
The former Abbey College, Ramsey pupil met her fellow bandmates at the prestigious Italia Conti Academy of Musical Theatre in London.
You may also want to watch:
“We all go to college together; we have known each other for three years so we thought we would put ourselves in a group. It just works because we know we can perform well together.
“We then thought why not go in for X Factor, it is something I have always wanted to do since I was really young.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
After finding out that Cheryl would be the band’s mentor, 20-year-old Abi couldn’t have been happier.
“I was really excited because obviously she has been in a girl band before and I want our careers to go the same way.
“She has given us some good feedback and we have put it into motion and challenged ourselves.”
Although she is experiencing new found fame Abi says she still visits Brampton often to see her family and friends.
“I come back quite a lot and my family are all really proud of me doing X Factor and putting myself out there.”
Abi told The Hunts Post that her and the band are likely to visit Huntingdonshire soon for a performance.
Mon Amie’s six chair challenge performance will air on Sunday, October 18, on ITV1 at 7pm.