Boy injured as fairground ride collapses in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
A BOY was injured after a fairground ride collapsed in St Neots.
Emergency services were called to the fair shortly before 9.30pm on Friday following reports of an accident.
The East of England Ambulance Service said around 25 people were riding the roller-coaster at the time, and 10 people were checked over for injuries at the scene.
One boy suffered a suspected fractured ankle and was taken to hospital.
An ambulance spokesman said the injuries were not thought to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
The Health and Safety Executive has been informed, the spokesman said.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester