Boy, 14, from Huntingdon is first in Huntingdonshire to receive a Criminal Behavioural Order
- Credit: Archant
A 14-year-old boy from Huntingdon has become the first person in Huntingdonshire to be made the subject of a Criminal Behavioural Order, or CBO.
Cambridgeshire police announced yesterday (Tuesday) that a successful application had been made to a youth court to impose the order on the teenager.
Officers made the approach after the boy was said to have carried out offences in, or close to, St Peter’s School and Huntingdonshire Regional College, both in Huntingdon.
The order, granted last month, means that if the boy, who cannot be named because he is too young, is involved in anti-social behaviour in the next three years, he is likely to face criminal proceedings.
PCSO Clare Darbyshire said: “His behaviour has had a significant impact on the community over a long period of time. His actions have included intimidation and making others fearful of going out in the area.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope this sends out a strong message that we will not tolerate such behaviour in Huntingdonshire.”
CBOs came into force in October last year and are aimed at repeat offenders whose behaviour has seen them brought before magistrates.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'