Boxing Day Hobby Horse Hunt raises money for church spire fund
- Credit: Archant
The first-ever Boxing Day Hobby Horse Hunt raised more than £200 for a fund to repair a church spire in St Ives.
More than 40 riders with their hobby horses and ‘hounds’ gathered to take part in the hunt, which was organised by the St Ives Town Team.
A course was mapped out around the Old Riverport area of the town and riders were given clues for the route.
“The weather was kind as teams visited five pubs in a bid to answer a series of riddles and partake of refreshments,” said town team member John Souter.
“The town team are grateful to the Oliver Cromwell, Nelson’s Head, Floods, the Royal Oak and the Golden Lion and all the riders and spectators for their support. “Together they managed to raise £220 for the Free Church Spire Fund and have a good time as well.”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester