St Neots Indoor Bowls club donates £800 to food bank
- Credit: Steve Friend
Members of St Neots Indoor Bowls club have donated a further £800 to St Neots Food Bank.
Mike Friend, a bowler at the club, has been collecting empty ink cartridges which are then recycled at a plant in Milton Keynes.
Some contain valuable metals and the plant then gives him money in exchange, which he then donates to the food bank.
The club members and the community have raised getting on for £2,000 from the items which most people discard as rubbish.
With the generosity of St Neots public donating cartridges and old mobile phones, the bowls club have been able to give a further £800 to the foodbank.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Friend said: “I would like to thank the whole community who have made this possible. As the club is closed for the foreseeable future due to the pandemic, I am still collecting cartridges and phones at my house.”
Mike’s address is: 30 Beatty Road, Eaton Socon, PE19 8PT.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip