Bomb threat sent to Huntingdonshire primary school
CHILDREN at a Huntingdonshire primary school have been sent home after a bomb threat was emailed to staff.
Teachers at Little Paxton Primary School contacted police at 9.30am today. Officers are still at the scene – although no device has been found.
Concerned parents have contacted The Hunts Post following the bomb scare, the second to be sent to a local primary school in less than four weeks.
Worried mum Joanne Clark, 34, said: “I was at home, just doing the housework, when I got a call just after 11 o’clock. It was one of the tutors, saying I needed to pick the children up because they had had a bomb scare at the school. Before they had even finished their sentence I had put the phone down and was running down the road.
“There were quite a few worried parents collecting their children. They had been taken to sit and wait on a green area near Sweetings Avenue.”
Mrs Clark, who has two sons at the school, aged five and eight, said the children were relaxed and the staff were calm.
She said: “I couldn’t praise them enough. They were very organised.
- 1 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 2 Fun in the sun at Huntingdon Carnival 2022
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Number of bird flu cases have been confirmed in Huntingdonshire
- 5 Rocks thrown at St Neots school building in vandal attack
- 6 Dry weather continues to impact district as pond drys up in Ramsey
- 7 Riverside Miniature Railway raises flag in record breaking year
- 8 Wire damage disrupts Great Northern trains between Hitchin and Peterborough
- 9 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 10 Social club can extend opening hours as 'no evidence' of problems
“You don’t expect something like this in Little Paxton. We’re such a small, tight-knit community. At the end of the day it’s probably a hoax but you can’t risk it. Whoever is sending these emails needs to be caught. They are a sick individual doing it for kicks and it is not acceptable.”
On May 29, children at The Vine Inter-Church Primary School in Cambourne were evacuated after staff received an emailed bomb threat.