Body found in car in Ramsey Forty Foot thought to be missing Banbury man
- Credit: Archant
A body was found in a car in Ramsey Forty Foot yesterday afternoon (Monday).
Specialist teams carried out an underwater search of the ditch from midday and found a man in his car shortly after 3pm.
He is believed to be Andrew Lever, 41, from Banbury, Oxfordshire, but no formal identification has taken place.
Mr Lever was last seen by his family on May 17 this year and officers thought he could be in Chatteris or Peterborough.
His death is currently being treated as unexplained but it is not thought to be suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
The Forty Foot bank was closed from midday to about 7pm.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess