Bluntisham man jailed for £43,000 drugs robbery conspiracy
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer who conspired to steal thousands of pounds worth of drugs and firearms from a pensioner running a cannabis factory in Bluntisham has been jailed.
Louis Collin, 24, of Wheatley Crescent, Bluntisham, was jailed for four years and eight months at Cambridge Crown Court after admitting conspiracy to rob and possessing cannabis, cocaine, MDMA and a psychoactive substance with intent to supply.
The court heard Collin went to Lanegale Nurseries on reconnaissance in October 2016 and the following day at about 6.30am a man in his 70s was assaulted and £43,000 worth of cannabis and two firearms were stolen from him.
Later that morning officers were conducting a search of a property in Thistle Green, Swavesey, for an unrelated matter when they discovered 4kg of cannabis, firearms and ammunition.
Collin was arrested at the scene and his home address in Bluntisham was later searched. Officers discovered psychoactive substances, MDMA worth up to £460 and cocaine worth £2,250 at the property.
You may also want to watch:
Last year Kevin Hands, 41, of Thistle Green, was jailed for five years for robbery and possession of cannabis with intent to supply relating to the same incident. Stanley Chase, 72, of Needingworth Road, was jailed for three years for cultivating cannabis.
Detective Constable Mark Joslin said: “Drugs cause misery and devastation to the lives of people in our county. We will do all we can to bring people like Collin to justice.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k