Blazing car at Earith linked to ram raid - police
- Credit: Archant
A blaze in a car at Earith in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday) is believed to be linked to an earlier ram raid in Whittlesey.
The burning Audi, which was believed to be stolen, was found alight in a car park at the village.
A spokesman said: “There was a ram raid on the Drink Shack in Whitmore Street, Whittlesey, between 1.45am and 2am today.
“A silver Audi estate and a stolen Mitsubishi 4X4 were used by the offenders. The latter was used to ram the shop and it is believed a failed attempt made to get the ATM machine.”
The spokesman added: “It appears the Audi, also suspected stolen, was then found alight in a car park in Earith.”
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters from Huntingdon were called to the blaze, near the A1123, at 2.38am and used breathing apparatus and hoses to tackle the fire.
They said the fire in the car had been started deliberately.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'