Blaze destroys buildings at Huntingdonshire industrial estate
- Credit: Archant
More than 40 firefighters worked through the early hours to tackle a blaze in Staughton Moor, near Great Staughton, today (Thursday).
A number of buildings were alight at Little America Industrial Estate at 12.50am.
Ten crews from St Neots, Kimbolton, Huntingdon, Yaxley, Kempston and Bedford worked through the night.
One industrial unit was destroyed and efforts were made to prevent the fire from spreading.
The fire in the single storey unit measuring 25m by 35m was completely surrounded by firefighters. It was put out by 3.29am but one crew, from Gamlingay, stayed to continue to dampen down.
You may also want to watch:
Station Commander Kevin Napier, officer in charge of the incident, said: “Owing to the remote and rural location, water supplies were scarce making this a difficult fire initially to extinguish until further resources were on the scene.
“We must give praise to the initial crews for their efforts to contain the fire and ultimately stopping the spread to a third business and saving this third unit.”
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
An investigation is underway into the cause of the fire.