St Neots woman asking people to stand up and support the ‘Black Lives Matter’ campaign
- Credit: Archant
Christne Green said she could not stand by and do nothing.
Christine Green will be standing in the Market Square with her placard at 2pm to garner support for the campaign, which is sweeping the country.
Over the weekend thousands of people chanted “Black Lives Matter” at protests in London, Manchester and Cardiff.
They were marching in support of protesters in America angered by the death of George Floyd on May 25.
Miss Green is asking people to stand in their communities, doorsteps or a safe distance away from her in peaceful solidarity.
You may also want to watch:
“I feel so strongly about this that I had to do something,” she said.
“How on earth must people in our community feel when they hear what is going on. I just wanted to show my support to our community. I just felt I couldn’t just sit still and do nothing. What kind of a person would I be if I did nothing.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes