St Neots woman asking people to stand up and support the ‘Black Lives Matter’ campaign
- Credit: Archant
Christne Green said she could not stand by and do nothing.
Christine Green will be standing in the Market Square with her placard at 2pm to garner support for the campaign, which is sweeping the country.
Over the weekend thousands of people chanted “Black Lives Matter” at protests in London, Manchester and Cardiff.
They were marching in support of protesters in America angered by the death of George Floyd on May 25.
Miss Green is asking people to stand in their communities, doorsteps or a safe distance away from her in peaceful solidarity.
You may also want to watch:
“I feel so strongly about this that I had to do something,” she said.
“How on earth must people in our community feel when they hear what is going on. I just wanted to show my support to our community. I just felt I couldn’t just sit still and do nothing. What kind of a person would I be if I did nothing.”
- 1 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 2 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 10 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.