TimeBank in St Neots celebrates its birthday this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Members of the St Neots TimeBank will be celebrating their eighth birthday this weekend.
The TimeBank has provided more than 10,000 hours of help and services to people in the area and says this has, in turn, supported those who feel lonely and may be unable to complete tasks themselves.
Some of the skills available include DIY, cooking and dancing.
St Neots TimeBank was set up in March 2012 and has grown far bigger than ever anticipated.
It has been recognised by TimeBanking UK and awarded their Charter Mark for the past four years.
The birthday event take place at St Mary's Church Hall, in St Neots on March 7, from 11am till 2pm.
Visitors are welcome to go along and enjoy refreshments and find out more about the group. Entertainment comes from the Merrymakers singing group.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 6 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 7 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
INFO: If you would like more information about the timebank: www.stneotstimebank.org.uk.