Birthday coincidence brings friends closer together
TWO friends have defied the odds by giving birth to baby boys on each other’s birthdays.
Laura Pope and Sophie Bright have been best-friends since they were pupils at Longsands College.
The pair, both aged 27, travelled for a year together around Australia, have worked alongside each other and now the new mothers can now claim an even closer bond.
Laura, who lives in Little Paxton, was due to give birth to her son Charlie on February 17, but he arrived three days early on February 14 - Sophie’s birthday.
Six months later, Sophie, of Love’s Farm, St Neots, was preparing for an August 2 birth, when her son Henry arrived on July 27 - Laura’s birthday.
The coincidence has been a source of extra celebration for both mums and their families.
Laura said: “When I gave birth on Sophie’s birthday we both said ‘Wouldn’t it be funny if you had your baby on my birthday.’
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 6 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 9 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 10 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
“I had just been in the swimming pool with my son on my birthday, when I got a phonecall to say Sophie had given birth.
“It is a new chapter in our lives, and we are really pleased that we can celebrate it together.”