Holt Island Friends launch bird box fundraiser
- Credit: IAN JACKSON
The Friends of Holt Island Nature Reserve in St Ives have launched a scheme to support wildlife.
Chairman of the group, Dan Rowe, says Blue Tits and Great Tits are already looking for nesting boxes so it has launched its annual Adopt-a-Box to support the birds.
"We have 28 bird boxes ready and waiting for new tenants - and sponsors," said Dan.
Forms can be download from the Holt Island website at: www.holtisland.org. Readers can then choose a bird box number and send a suggested £10 donation.
Anyone who takes part will then receive a certificate, a location map, a news update and, and if lockdown allows, an invitation to a socially distanced guided walk to see all the boxes and learn more about this year’s breeding season.
"You’ll get a fascinating insight into the lives of our charming birds - it’s informative, entertaining and fun - and your donation will help us fund next year’s bird food bill," explained Dan.
For more details, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 07802 166722.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 4 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 7 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 8 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 9 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns