Bin blaze started deliberately - investigation reveals
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists set fire to a bin in Eaton Socon last night (Tuesday).
Firefighters were called to Cunningham Way shortly after 11.30pm following reports that a recycling bin was ablaze.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters arrived to find a large recycling bin alight, which had been placed close to a car.
“They extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their station by 12.40am.”
An investigation revealed that the cause of the fire was deliberate.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry