Huntingdon Community Radio wants you to contact its Spotlight team
- Credit: HCR
This is the first column of 2022 from your truly local community station, Huntingdon Community Radio.
Christmas is over and now a distant memory but we hope that despite the cautious gatherings we were allowed to do, you did have an enjoyable time with families and friends.
Here at HCR104fm we support local charities and have therefore started a Charity of the Month and for January, we’ve chosen Shopmobility Huntingdon, a scheme where mobility scooters and wheelchairs can be hired to make it easier for people with mobility difficulties to get around the town.
You do not have to be registered disabled to use this scheme. Shopmobility is a self-funded charity and was established in 2006 when Huntingdon High Street was pedestrianised. If you or someone you know has limited mobility and would like more details about the services that Shopmobility offer or you would like to help the charity in any way, contact them on: 01480 432793 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
As a community radio station, we try to target as much as possible our own local community (although HCR104fm can be heard on mobile devices and online anywhere).
We are always looking out for people who may have an unusual hobby, those with disability issues who want to air their views regarding accessibility, views of older people or parents with young children.
Perhaps you have a local event you wish to publicise or just want to tell us what you think of the service we provide. Kathy Russek, our Community Advisory Group leader, can lend an ear!
- 1 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 4 Godmanchester tearoom supporting adults with learning disabilities celebrates
- 5 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 6 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 7 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 8 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 9 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 10 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
Contact Kathy via the website hcrfm.co.uk and clicking on ‘Contact Us’ at the bottom of the home page. Scroll down to ‘Management’ to pop off an email and it will be answered as soon as possible.
Every Friday evening at 8pm our local arts show Spotlight features music and interviews from local musicians. We know there are lots of you out there, so if you would like some publicity for your band, choir, gig, or yourself as a solo artist or music writer, please do get involved by emailing: email@example.com and our Spotlight host Melanie Green will be more than pleased to feature you on the show.
Thank you to everyone who listens to HCR104fm - and if you don’t listen, give us a try!