Biker group hands out cheques to good causes
- Credit: Archant
The Hunts Bikers presented cheques for more than £2,000 to Magpas and the Royal British Legion.
The motorcycle group handed over the funds during a reception held at the Addison Arms pub, in Glatton.
The money was raised from the 2015 St Ives Festival of Motorcycles, held in the town in June.
Outgoing organising committee chairman Chris Brown, said: “We are over the moon to have achieved our target of doubling last year’s total. This was only our second year of organising the festival and we have achieved so much in such a short time. The challenge is on to do even better at next year’s event.”
Work is already under way to plan for next year’s event, which will be held on Sunday, June 26, 2016.
Further information about the festival is available online from the festival website at www.sifom.org and the festival Facebook page at www.facebook.com/stivfom
- 1 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 2 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 3 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 4 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 5 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 6 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 7 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 8 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Appeal for dashcam footage following three lorry crash on the A14
- 10 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs