Biker group hands out cheques to good causes
- Credit: Archant
The Hunts Bikers presented cheques for more than £2,000 to Magpas and the Royal British Legion.
The motorcycle group handed over the funds during a reception held at the Addison Arms pub, in Glatton.
The money was raised from the 2015 St Ives Festival of Motorcycles, held in the town in June.
Outgoing organising committee chairman Chris Brown, said: “We are over the moon to have achieved our target of doubling last year’s total. This was only our second year of organising the festival and we have achieved so much in such a short time. The challenge is on to do even better at next year’s event.”
Work is already under way to plan for next year’s event, which will be held on Sunday, June 26, 2016.
You may also want to watch:
Further information about the festival is available online from the festival website at www.sifom.org and the festival Facebook page at www.facebook.com/stivfom
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester