Big Fat Gypsy Wedding burglary reported at Wood Green
A BIG Fat Gypsy Wedding reception at Wood Green Animal Shelter on Friday night was interrupted by police after reports of a burglary.
A BIG Fat Gypsy Wedding reception at Wood Green Animal Shelter in Godmanchester on Friday night was interrupted by police after reports of a burglary.
The event was being filmed for a royal wedding special of the popular Channel 4 television series and followed the celebrations after a couple tied the knot in Peterborough.
Police were called at 3.30am to the animal shelter on London Road but no complaint was made when they arrived at the scene.
A misunderstanding about children taking fizzy drinks from the canteen may have been the cause of the call, said a spokesman for Wood Green.
“We don’t know who phoned the police but there was no serious criminal behaviour. We are not pursuing any criminal action.”
The spokesman, who said there had been damage, added: “It was in the hundreds of pounds, not the thousands. It included a broken pane of glass and some broken glasses, and we will clean the carpets, but that is nothing unusual for an event with so many people.”
- 1 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 2 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 3 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 4 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 5 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 6 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 7 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 8 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 9 Huntingdon Carnival and parade returns this summer
- 10 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
The one-off special is due to air next Thursday, the day before the wedding, with Channel 4 promising it will be one to remember.