Big Fat Gypsy Wedding burglary reported at Wood Green
A BIG Fat Gypsy Wedding reception at Wood Green Animal Shelter on Friday night was interrupted by police after reports of a burglary.
A BIG Fat Gypsy Wedding reception at Wood Green Animal Shelter in Godmanchester on Friday night was interrupted by police after reports of a burglary.
The event was being filmed for a royal wedding special of the popular Channel 4 television series and followed the celebrations after a couple tied the knot in Peterborough.
Police were called at 3.30am to the animal shelter on London Road but no complaint was made when they arrived at the scene.
A misunderstanding about children taking fizzy drinks from the canteen may have been the cause of the call, said a spokesman for Wood Green.
You may also want to watch:
“We don’t know who phoned the police but there was no serious criminal behaviour. We are not pursuing any criminal action.”
The spokesman, who said there had been damage, added: “It was in the hundreds of pounds, not the thousands. It included a broken pane of glass and some broken glasses, and we will clean the carpets, but that is nothing unusual for an event with so many people.”
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 5 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 6 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 9 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 10 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal
The one-off special is due to air next Thursday, the day before the wedding, with Channel 4 promising it will be one to remember.