Big donation for cafe that helps people suffering with memory loss
- Credit: Archant
A St Neots café, that helps people that are suffering with dementia has been donated £1,000.
Coffee Pot Memory Café was awarded with the money after being the winners of the Grand a month Giveaway, hosted by the St Neots Roundtable.
Every month The St Neots Roundtable nominate new charities in the area and donate money to them to help them grow and enhance their public profile.
The coffee pot memory café provides a meeting place for those suffering from memory loss and for their carers.
Toby Serjeant, community charity officer, St Neots Round Table said:
You may also want to watch:
“We chose this particular charity because they provide invaluable support to over 50 dementia sufferers and their carers (so over 100 in total), all of who live in or around St Neots. They put on weekly events for dementia sufferers and additionally provide river trips, hog roast, strawberry tea and Xmas lunch outings.
“It’s really important as it services a lot of people and with an ageing population and a longer life expectancy people suffering from memory loss will just increase.”
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 5 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 6 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 All UK adults to be offered Covid vaccine by September, says Government
- 10 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
A chunk of the money that is raised by The St Neots Roundhouse is raised through the St Neots gin festival.
The funds that are raised from the festival are distributed to charities to support them.
This years gin festival will be held on October 5 and 6 from 7pm -11pm at Ride Leisure, Wyboston Lakes. Tickets cost just £12.50 includes entry, your glass (get to take it home), and a free sample from each stall. Tickets available at www.eventbrite.co.uk.