Big donation for cafe that helps people suffering with memory loss
- Credit: Archant
A St Neots café, that helps people that are suffering with dementia has been donated £1,000.
Coffee Pot Memory Café was awarded with the money after being the winners of the Grand a month Giveaway, hosted by the St Neots Roundtable.
Every month The St Neots Roundtable nominate new charities in the area and donate money to them to help them grow and enhance their public profile.
The coffee pot memory café provides a meeting place for those suffering from memory loss and for their carers.
Toby Serjeant, community charity officer, St Neots Round Table said:
You may also want to watch:
“We chose this particular charity because they provide invaluable support to over 50 dementia sufferers and their carers (so over 100 in total), all of who live in or around St Neots. They put on weekly events for dementia sufferers and additionally provide river trips, hog roast, strawberry tea and Xmas lunch outings.
“It’s really important as it services a lot of people and with an ageing population and a longer life expectancy people suffering from memory loss will just increase.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
A chunk of the money that is raised by The St Neots Roundhouse is raised through the St Neots gin festival.
The funds that are raised from the festival are distributed to charities to support them.
This years gin festival will be held on October 5 and 6 from 7pm -11pm at Ride Leisure, Wyboston Lakes. Tickets cost just £12.50 includes entry, your glass (get to take it home), and a free sample from each stall. Tickets available at www.eventbrite.co.uk.