BID Huntingdon mascot shares birthday with Prince George of Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
PRINCE George of Cambridge was not the only new arrival being celebrated last Monday.
While the prince made all the headlines, BID Bear was also unveiled in Huntingdon and will be used as the town’s new mascot by BID Huntingdon. Clutching his birth certificate that shows he was ‘born’ on the same day as the prince, the bear made his debut at the first day of the summer circus skills events in Chequers Court on Monday (July 22).
BID Huntingdon manager Katy Sismore said: “Huntingdon First, the brand for BID Huntingdon, is delighted that the prince’s birth date coincided with that of our own BID Bear.
“July 22 was an auspicious date!”
BID Bear will popping up in the town centre, making people aware of the events and helping parents to keep the children entertained during the summer holidays.
Various free events are planned over the next few weeks with the circus skills continuing in Chequers Court today (July 31), August 3, 7, and 10. Circus skills are between 11am and 2pm while there also be free face painting (10am-2pm) and balloon modelling (10am-3pm).Visit the new website
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates
- 10 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries