‘Best ever’ Sawtry carnival sees crowds enjoy village celebration
- Credit: Archant
It was a day filled with fun, floats and fairground rides as Sawtry hosted its annual carnival on Saturday.
The event which paraded through the village and finished at the Old School Hall saw crowds line the street and then descend onto the field and Sawtry Village Academy tennis courts for an afternoon of excitement.
Chairman of the parish council, Councillor Delia Riddle said: “It was a lovely day and there were large crowds that attended it was very well supported with many stalls and floats.
“This was the very best year that I have known as there were a lot more stalls and the weather was brilliant.
“Most of the village had come out to support the carnival on Saturday and as usual the event really bought the village together.
You may also want to watch:
During the afternoon there was live music from local bands, a dog show, archery and a bouncy castle.
As well as groups doing face painting, selling tasty treats and a chance for skateboarders to try out a specially constructed skate ramp.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
The day was also given the royal treatment with carnival court of Sawtry and the carnival court of Corby both attending.
Cllr Riddle thanked the Sawtry Carnival Committee for their hard work and dedication in making the event a success.