Bespoke sunglasses and specs store opens in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
A bespoke sunglasses and spectacles shop has opened its doors on Market Square in St Neots.
The move was arranged through Brown &Co Barfords, which worked on behalf of a private client to secure a lease agreement with the independent outlet.
The premises, at 36 Market Square, will provide a high quality retail space for owner Kieran Murdoch, who has 13 years’ experience in optics, having worked for two high-end eye wear companies in Soho and Knightsbridge, in London.
K+M Specs will be selling a variety of hand-made spectacles, sunglasses and cases; with affordable good quality products being at the heart of the business ethos, known as ‘wabisabi’ - a Japanese word for perfect imperfection or hand-made.
Speaking about the new shop, Mr Murdoch, said: “The company is still young, but we very quickly realised we needed more space, as well as a retail environment so that people could come and try out our frames.
You may also want to watch:
“Brown&Co Barfords managed to find us the perfect place for our first shop to support our rapidly growing business.”
James Price, from Brown&Co Barfords, said: “St Neots town centre offers a unique mix of retail outlets and business units and we were delighted to help K+M Specs find their new home; negotiating with them on behalf of our client to confirm an agreeable lease for all parties. We wish Kieran and K+M Specs all the very best for the future.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
K+M Specs plan to increase its range in the coming year; with an increased number of bespoke products set to be made directly in the store.