Bespoke sunglasses and specs store opens in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
A bespoke sunglasses and spectacles shop has opened its doors on Market Square in St Neots.
The move was arranged through Brown &Co Barfords, which worked on behalf of a private client to secure a lease agreement with the independent outlet.
The premises, at 36 Market Square, will provide a high quality retail space for owner Kieran Murdoch, who has 13 years’ experience in optics, having worked for two high-end eye wear companies in Soho and Knightsbridge, in London.
K+M Specs will be selling a variety of hand-made spectacles, sunglasses and cases; with affordable good quality products being at the heart of the business ethos, known as ‘wabisabi’ - a Japanese word for perfect imperfection or hand-made.
Speaking about the new shop, Mr Murdoch, said: “The company is still young, but we very quickly realised we needed more space, as well as a retail environment so that people could come and try out our frames.
“Brown&Co Barfords managed to find us the perfect place for our first shop to support our rapidly growing business.”
James Price, from Brown&Co Barfords, said: “St Neots town centre offers a unique mix of retail outlets and business units and we were delighted to help K+M Specs find their new home; negotiating with them on behalf of our client to confirm an agreeable lease for all parties. We wish Kieran and K+M Specs all the very best for the future.”
- 1 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 2 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 5 New bridal shop is childhood dream for Michelle
- 6 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 7 Huntingdonshire History Festival returns this summer
- 8 More roads should come under 20mph scheme, say councillors
- 9 Cambridgeshire records one of lowest Covid fine rates in country
- 10 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
K+M Specs plan to increase its range in the coming year; with an increased number of bespoke products set to be made directly in the store.