BEDS: Man dies after fight over parking space
- Credit: Archant © 2005
A MAN has died in hospital after being fatally injured in a bust up over a disabled parking space.
The 64-year-old victim, from Sandy, was punched to the ground in the Asda car park in Biggleswade on Saturday afternoon (August 3). He was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, where he died yesterday (Sunday).
A 65-year-old man was arrested later that day at his home nearby in connection with the assault. He was bailed last night until August 19.
Detective Chief Inspector Tim Redfearn, who is leading the investigation, said: “The men were waiting in the disabled parking area at the time and got into a disagreement about parking.
“We know they became involved in a disagreement which resulted in one man punching the other knocking him to the ground.
“It would seem an argument over nothing has led to tragic and devastating consequences for both men and their families.
“I know the supermarket car park would have been very busy on a Saturday afternoon so if you were there at the relevant time please contact the police in confidence.”
- 1 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 2 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 9 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 10 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should call Bedfordshire Police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.