BEDS: Man dies after fight over parking space
- Credit: Archant © 2005
A MAN has died in hospital after being fatally injured in a bust up over a disabled parking space.
The 64-year-old victim, from Sandy, was punched to the ground in the Asda car park in Biggleswade on Saturday afternoon (August 3). He was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, where he died yesterday (Sunday).
A 65-year-old man was arrested later that day at his home nearby in connection with the assault. He was bailed last night until August 19.
Detective Chief Inspector Tim Redfearn, who is leading the investigation, said: “The men were waiting in the disabled parking area at the time and got into a disagreement about parking.
“We know they became involved in a disagreement which resulted in one man punching the other knocking him to the ground.
You may also want to watch:
“It would seem an argument over nothing has led to tragic and devastating consequences for both men and their families.
“I know the supermarket car park would have been very busy on a Saturday afternoon so if you were there at the relevant time please contact the police in confidence.”
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should call Bedfordshire Police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.