Bedroom catches fire in Tilbrook as heat radiates from blocked chimney
FIREFIGHTERS have praised the actions of a resident after bedroom furniture caught fire in a house in Tilbrook.
Crews from Kimbolton and St Neots were called to reports of a fire on the first floor of a large house, approximately 25x20sqm, in the High Street on Saturday (February 4) at 4.40pm.
When firefighter arrived, they called for back up, and a fire engine from Raunds, Northamptonshire, was sent.
The fire is said to have started by a blockage in a chimney and the heat radiating to furniture causing the blaze.
The homeowner discovered the fire and then closed the door helping the firefighter contain the fire to the bedroom.
You may also want to watch:
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “The resident did the right thing when discovering the fire and shut the door and keeping out. Firefighters worked extremely hard to stop the fire spreading which was helped by the closed door.”
Police were also in attendance, monitoring the road, as the house was on a blind corner.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k