Beales staff to be out of work two weeks early as administrators announce premature closure
- Credit: Archant
The joint administrators of the Beales department store chain, have confirmed that all remaining Beales stores will close tomorrow (March 19) including the one on St Neots High Street.
The closure comes to weeks before the KPMG administrators original schedule, which they have said is a direct impact of Covid-19.
A spokesman has said that staff will continue to work until close of business on March 21 to help box-up residual stock and assist with various other closure issues.
They have said that , the majority of employees will then be made redundant, with all salaries paid up to and including the date of their redundancy.
Will Wright, partner at KPMG and joint administrator, said: “Whilst it is regrettable that we have had to take this decision, especially given the fantastic support that the staff have provided to the business and the administrators since our appointment, the impact of these unprecedented circumstances has left us with no alternative option.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be working with employees to ensure they have all the necessary information to submit claims to the Redundancy Payments Service, together with details of who to contact for any help and support they may require.”
- 1 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 2 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 5 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 6 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 7 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 8 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement