BBC’s Matt Baker reaches Hunts on epic Children in Need ride
TELEVISION presenter Matt Baker has reached Huntingdonshire on his epic rickshaw ride from Edinburgh to London.
The One Show host and Countryfile presenter has so far raised more than �835,000 for BBC Children in Need.
He entered Ramsey at 11 o’clock this morning (Thursday) on Day Seven of the fundraising event, having set off on his journey on Friday last week. He is due to reach London tomorrow after pedalling 484 miles.
Matt set off from Peterborough this morning, joining the B1040 at Ramsey. He will follow the road through Warboys, before heading along the B1089 and then the B1086 into Somersham.
From there, he will follow the B1050 to Earith, then head into Willingham via the A1123 and the B1050.
From Willingham he will pedal along the Rampton Road to Rampton and Cottenham, turning onto the B1049 to Histon.
At Histon, he will carry on along the B1049 into Cambridge’s Histon Road.
- 1 Evidence of Huntingdon's past revealed during excavations
- 2 BID's new Huntingdon town manager
- 3 Bypass and junction improvements preferred plan for St Ives
- 4 Camp Beagle protestor has charges against him dropped
- 5 St Neots man in court on drugs charges
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 9 Anglian Water seeks funding to secure the future of an ancient Sea Monster
- 10 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
He aims to reach Cambridgeshire County Council’s Shire Hall headquarters in Cambridge in time for this evening’s edition of The One Show.
Throughout the ride, Matt has been joined by celebrity passengers – including Life’s Too Short star Warwick Davis, who lives in Yaxley.
Matt’s progress can be followed online at http://viewranger.com/buddybeacon/cin/.
To donate �5, text “MATT” to 70705, texts cost �5 plus one standard rate message, �5 will go to BBC Children in Need. You must be over 16 and ask the bill payer’s permission. For full terms and conditions visit www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey/donate/terms.