Barretts and Barley Mow take floral plaudits in St Neots in Bloom competition
- Credit: Archant
Picture perfect floral displays helped Barretts department store and the Barley Mow pub take the top slot in a competition.
Awards for the commercial section of St Neots in Bloom were handed out on July 28 and both businesses came first in separate categories.
Barretts won the ‘commercial frontage’ accolade in honour of its hanging basket displays, while the Barley Mow was commended for its varied baskets and planters in the ‘pub and club gardens’ category.
Businesses were judged on the quality and suitability of annual and permanent plants, as well as the tidiness of the outside space. All displays which met the minimum standard received certificates from bronze to gold.
Alison Pearson, chairman of St Neots in Bloom, said: “On behalf of St Neots in Bloom, I would like to thank all the businesses which brighten up their premises with floral displays.
You may also want to watch:
So many people comment on how lovely the town looks and it encourages them to carry on visiting and using all our local businesses.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester