Barretts and Barley Mow take floral plaudits in St Neots in Bloom competition
- Credit: Archant
Picture perfect floral displays helped Barretts department store and the Barley Mow pub take the top slot in a competition.
Awards for the commercial section of St Neots in Bloom were handed out on July 28 and both businesses came first in separate categories.
Barretts won the ‘commercial frontage’ accolade in honour of its hanging basket displays, while the Barley Mow was commended for its varied baskets and planters in the ‘pub and club gardens’ category.
Businesses were judged on the quality and suitability of annual and permanent plants, as well as the tidiness of the outside space. All displays which met the minimum standard received certificates from bronze to gold.
Alison Pearson, chairman of St Neots in Bloom, said: “On behalf of St Neots in Bloom, I would like to thank all the businesses which brighten up their premises with floral displays.
So many people comment on how lovely the town looks and it encourages them to carry on visiting and using all our local businesses.”
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 6 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 7 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 8 Buckfest named as Cambridgeshire's best festival
- 9 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates