Barn blaze in Huntingdonshire village puts vintage tractors at risk

Firefighters tackled the blaze.

Firefighters tackled the blaze. - Credit: Archant

Vintage tractors were damaged after a fire broke out in a barn.

Crews from Huntingdon, Cottenham and St Ives were sent to Earith Road, Colne, at 8.12pm on Tuesday (June 3) after a fire started in a metal barn, measuring 19mx9m.

Firefighters used water from a nearby open water source to help extinguish the fire, caused by a vehicle battery charged by a power lead.

Station commander Paul Clarke said: “The initial crews were met by a developing fire involving several vintage tractors stored in a barn. The immediate actions of the crews meant we were able to prevent a total loss, which was a superb effort by all involved.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter