St Ives branch of Barclays Bank will close in the new year
- Credit: Google Earth
The St Ives branch of Barclays Bank is set to close in the new year.
Barclays have stated that the St Ives branch will close on January 14 2022.
They have expressed that there has been a decline in customers visiting the branch and that customers are choosing alternative options, such as online banking or visiting other branches.
A Barclays spokesperson said: “The decision to close a branch is never an easy one. However, customers are increasingly using alternatives to branches to do their banking. As a result, we are seeing a sustained fall in branch visits across the UK.
“This is reflected at the St Ives, Huntingdon branch where there has been a 23 per cent reduction in cash counter transactions in the two years to March 2020.
You may also want to watch:
“In addition, 88 per cent of our customers at the branch are also using different ways to bank.
“We will work with our customers and provide alternative options to ensure they can continue to manage their money and receive financial expertise when required.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding