Huntingdon barber's shop to raise money for foodbank when they open on April 12
- Credit: Conor Marks
A barber' shop in Huntingdon is to raise money for the Trussell Trust Food Bank when it reopens on April 12.
April 12 marks the first day that barbers, salons and non-essential shops across England can open as part of the easing of lockdown.
Conor Marks, director of Mr Barbers, is inviting people to book in online so that they can raise as much money as they can for the foodbank.
He said: “It’s been a difficult year for a lot of people in the local community and we recognise the importance with the role that the foodbank has played in helping people survive the lockdowns.
“As we are allowed to re-open we would like to play our part, by making a donation to the Huntingdon Foodbank.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s why on April 12, we will be donating all of the shop’s revenue to this great cause.”
“Meaning anyone that books and pays for a haircut at the barbers on April 12, will have all of their haircut money go to the Trussell Trust Foodbank in Huntingdon.”
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 3 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 4 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 7 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
To book a haircut at Mr Barbers online and book an appointment.