Bank Holiday weekend what’s on: May Day celebrations in St Neots
AN exhibition of photographs of the Eatons past and present will mark the opening of a weekend of events.
Images of Eaton Socon, with a particular focus on corn merchant and garden centre business Jordan and Addington Ltd, will be on display.
A new book, The Eatons Then and Now Book 2, will be available, and visitors will also be able to browse the 1911 census, churchyard and cemetery records and school registers.
The exhibition will be at St Mary’s Church, Eaton Socon, from 10am to 4pm on Saturday (May 4) and Monday (May 6).
The May Day celebrations take place on Eaton Socon village green from noon to 4.30pm on Monday (May 6).
You may also want to watch:
Entertainment is set to include stalls, live music, fairground rides, a barbecue, the crowning of the May Queen, maypole dancing, majorettes, dancers and a raffle.
Both events have been organised by the Eatons Community Association, whose chairman, Sue Jarrett, said: “We are hoping for some wonderful weather and are looking forward to a great day out for the family.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k