Balloon release in £52,000 Vindis Macmillan donation
- Credit: Archant
A Bentley car was used to release a cloud of balloons to represent the £52,000 raised by local car firm Vindis which will pay for a Macmillan nurse for a year.
The 52 balloons rose from the car when its hood was taken down outside the Macmillan Woodlands Centre at Hinchingbrooke Hospital with representatives from Vindis, Macmillan and the health trust which runs the hospital being present.
Paul Woodhouse, head of marketing at Vindis, said: “The idea was that as a local firm with local dealerships we wanted to do something for out local community.
“We know every penny will be spent by Macmillan on services in the Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire area.”
He said the fundraising campaign started two years ago with members of the team participating in the Three Peaks Challenge - which involved tackling the UK’s highest peaks - and which raised £10,000.
The Vindis fundraisers also took part in other activities, including the giant Rat Race assault course event at Burghley House.
Michelle Hutchinson, local fundraising manager for Macmillan Cancer Support, said the donation would pay for a Macmillan nurse for a year and that they were extremely grateful to Vindis.
- 1 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 7 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 8 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
Further information about Vindis is at: https://vindisgroup.com/