Bake off comes to Eaton Socon
- Credit: Archant
Novices and experts shared their delicious delights to help raise money for a church carpet.
St Mary’s Church, Eaton Socon hosted a bake off which celebrated all things scrummy from church members and local residents.
Member of the church Linda Walton said: “It was wonderful, a really lovely and happy atmosphere. Everyone really enjoyed themselves.
“Many people were saying that this was the first time that they had baked in years because they didn’t have a reason to and some started because of the Great British Bake Off.”
Throughout the day an array of bakes were judged in a variety of categories including the best Victoria Sponge, Swiss roll and cheese and plain scones.
“The entries were judged by two members of local WI’s they were just so lovely – I have been asked by the men who attended to run a category just for them next year so that they can have a go.”
The aim of the event was to help raise funds for the church’s new floor covering.
- 1 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 9 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 10 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
“We raised around £530 but we still need more money to get towards our final totally so if anyone could help out it would be brilliant,” and Ms Walton.
To donate to the St Mary’s church fund contact the office on (01480) 352154.