Bake off comes to Eaton Socon
- Credit: Archant
Novices and experts shared their delicious delights to help raise money for a church carpet.
St Mary’s Church, Eaton Socon hosted a bake off which celebrated all things scrummy from church members and local residents.
Member of the church Linda Walton said: “It was wonderful, a really lovely and happy atmosphere. Everyone really enjoyed themselves.
“Many people were saying that this was the first time that they had baked in years because they didn’t have a reason to and some started because of the Great British Bake Off.”
Throughout the day an array of bakes were judged in a variety of categories including the best Victoria Sponge, Swiss roll and cheese and plain scones.
You may also want to watch:
“The entries were judged by two members of local WI’s they were just so lovely – I have been asked by the men who attended to run a category just for them next year so that they can have a go.”
The aim of the event was to help raise funds for the church’s new floor covering.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
“We raised around £530 but we still need more money to get towards our final totally so if anyone could help out it would be brilliant,” and Ms Walton.
To donate to the St Mary’s church fund contact the office on (01480) 352154.