Winners of district-wide pub quiz are crowned
- Credit: Archant
The brain boxes on an all-conquering pub quiz team received £250 to mark their success in a district wide contest.
The team from the Axe and Compass pub, in Hemingford Abbots, was crowned winners from among a field of 48 pubs and clubs who took part in the quiz, organised by the Rotary Club of St Ives.
The money will be donated to Hemingford Village Hall.
Hartford's King of the Belgians pub came in second, with their money donated to the Hunts Community Centre.
Rotarian Adrian Acton said: "The quiz raised in excess of £2,600 towards rotary charities and other good causes. Plus £700 was handed out to the winning pubs to donate to their chosen charities. In all some 720 quizzers took part."
You may also want to watch:
Thanks were also extended to the Rotary clubs of Huntingdon, Huntingdon Cromwell, Ramsey, Rushden Chichele, St Neots St Mary's, and St Ives Inner Wheel Club, plus sponsor Peter Lane and Partners.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 10 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need